Soon, new packaging will be hitting shelves and each box will include a recipe that will change every few months for each variety. We have been busy developing, testing and photographing nearly 50 recipes and that means tasting a lot of jovial pasta, prepared in many ways. We found that our brown rice pasta bakes so nicely, holding its firmness and tasting so close to wheat pasta. Here is a simple recipe for you to try at home.
BAKED BROWN RICE PENNE AL FORNO
½ small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. parsley, minced
1 egg, beaten
¾ cup grated cheese
½ cup grated mozzarella
18 oz. organic crushed tomatoes
- In a large skillet, simmer garlic, onion, olive oil and tomatoes with salt to taste for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg and whisk with ricotta and grated cheese. Add parsley and salt to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but drain at 7 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of cooking water to the ricotta mixture.
- Toss with sauce and cheese mixture. Add to 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.